Opening a New Phase in Coronavirus-19
The Pediatric Professional Associates team works diligently to provide you and your family high quality pediatric care. We monitor updates from AAP, CDC and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health as we all continue on the COVID journey together. Office adjustments are being carefully and thoughtfully made. Our current updated policy is as follows:
· Well and sick visits will continue to be separated, with well visits in the morning hours and sick visits in the afternoon hours.
· The staff will continue good hand washing, disinfection of surfaces throughout the day, social/physical distancing as possible & use personal protection equipment.
· We ask that only the patient and 1 adult come in for the visit. This will reduce exposure & promote social/physical distancing, thus protecting more individuals.
· Whenever possible please complete your child’s pre-physical questionnaires prior to arrival to facilitate patient flow. (you can find those forms on our website www.pediatricspro.com)
· We request all adults and children 2 years of age and older to wear a mask/face covering while visiting our office. Masks are available to anyone upon arrival.
· Our nursing staff will continue to triage, via telephone, all patients wishing to schedule a well or sick visit.
· Children and families with possible Coronavirus should not come to the office. If you or your child have any respiratory symptoms (sore throat, cold symptoms, cough) or fever please call our office to discuss symptoms & concerns. Currently we are not testing for Coronavirus in the office. If testing is indicated we will direct you to one of our local hospitals or urgent care facilities for further evaluation.
· Some appointments may be conducted via telemedicine. Virtual visits can save you time, eliminate travel, & allow other family members to be present. A variety of visits are possible by telemedicine, with the decision of visit appropriateness being determined by the medical staff. A virtual visit can be conducted on any mobile smartphone (iPhone or Android) or tablet. A text message with visit invitation will be sent to you shortly before your appointment with directions that walk you through the set-up.
A few tips for navigating this journey . . .
ü Maintain healthy & balanced nutrition
ü Create a schedule. Allow time for work/chores, play, and sleep. Maintaining regular and full nights of sleep improves both physical and emotional health
ü Exercise daily . . . remember sunblock, good fluid intake, & tick checks!
ü Avoid sick persons, especially those with coughs
ü Practice universal protection:
Wear mask/face covering when in public.
Maintain social/physical distancing whenever possible in public.
Wash your hands thoroughly & frequently with soap & water or alcohol
based hand sanitizer.
Avoid touching mouth/nose/& eyes.
ü Stay home if you are ill. Cough into your elbow/sleeve.
ü Listen & talk with your family. Encourage positive thinking. Use coping skills (e.g. breathing exercises, mindfulness, staying connected)
Helpful online resources on Coronavirus, Returning to Work/Daycare, Coping:
Department of Public Health MA
Resources for Helping Kids and Parent Cope Amidst COVID-19
Sesame Street- Caring for Each Other